We already wrote something about what the 15th ATP in general brings about a year ago, when this change was published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
As the date of entry into force - applicable from 1 March 2022 - is approaching fast, I am today giving you some of the most important points from this regulation:
- Addition of the classifications of acute and chronic (1) aquatic toxicity (H400 and H410) to the powder form of lead.
- Introduction of a harmonised classification for nitric acid solutions above and below 70%
Introduction of a harmonised classification for MBIT (2-methyl-1,2-benzothiazol-3 (2H) -one, CAS: 2527-66-4), including estimated values of acute skin toxicity and oral exposure.
Addition of skin corrosion 1C and serious eye damage 1 for L - (+) - lactic acid (CAS: 79-33-4)
- The concept of ATE (Acute Toxicity Estimates) for certain substances, which was newly introduced with the 10th ATP, will be consistently implemented within the 15th ATP. These should be used bindingly in calculating the acute toxicity of mixtures containing a substance with a harmonised ATE value. 15. ATP contains additional ATE values for another 25 substances.
By this date, the mentioned changes will already be implemented into the safety data sheets, which are included in the service of creating and updating safety data sheets (ChemiusExpert service).
For others who are still in charge of updating your chemical dossier, I recommend that you begin the process of aligning with those updates as soon as possible. That means:
- If you are a supplier of a mixture or substance, request new safety data sheets from your suppliers and manufacturers and check if anything has changed since the last version (classification or labelling).
- If you are a mixture formulator, also request safety data sheets for your raw materials, which must be classified according to the 15th ATP.
- Review the newly obtained documentation and update your safety data sheets and labels in accordance with these changes before March 1, 2022.
If you may be interested in how ATP changes follow each other over time and which deadlines you need to pay attention to, then I recommend this article.
Of course, you can also leave the production and updating to us. Convert your saved time and energy into things that make you happy or that you have been putting off for a long time.