As the deadline for entry into force - applicable from 1 March 2022 - is fast approaching, today I will once again provide you with some of the most important points from this regulation:
- Addition of the classifications of acute and chronic (1) aquatic toxicity (H400 and H410) to the powder form of lead.
- Introduction of a harmonized classification for nitric acid solutions above and below 70%
Introduction of a harmonized classification for MBIT (2-methyl-1,2-benzothiazole-3(2H)-one, CAS: 2527-66-4), including estimated values of acute skin toxicity and oral exposure.
Addition of skin corrosion 1C and serious eye damage 1 for L - (+) - lactic acid (CAS: 79-33-4)
- The concept of Acute Toxicity Estimates (ATE) for certain substances, newly introduced with the 10th ATP, will be consistently implemented within the 15th ATP. These should be used in the calculation of the acute toxicity of mixtures containing a substance with a harmonized ATE value. 15. ATP contains additional ATE values for another 25 substances.
By this date, the mentioned changes will already be implemented in the safety data sheets included in the service of creating and updating safety data sheets (ChemiusExpert service).
Of course, we are also counting on your help.
It would be great if you could provide us with an overview of the latest original safety data sheet during this time. We will then re-examine the composition in these safety data sheets and respond accordingly if necessary. However, if you do not provide us with the new safety data sheets within this time, we will still adjust the safety data sheets that we already have at Chemius.
For others who are still in charge of updating your chemical documentation, I recommend that you begin the process of aligning with those updates as soon as possible. This means:
- If you are a supplier of a mixture or substance, request new safety data sheets from your suppliers and manufacturers and check if anything has changed since the last version (classification or labelling).
- If you are a mixture formulator, also request safety data sheets for your raw materials, which must be classified in accordance with 15. ATP.
- Review the newly acquired documentation and update your safety data sheets and labels in accordance with these changes before March 1, 2022.
If you may be interested in how ATP changes follow each other over time and which deadlines to look out for, then I recommend this article.
Of course, you can also leave the production and updating to us. Convert the saved time and energy into things that make you happy or the ones you have been putting off for a long time.