Get your individual offer for Safety Data Sheets HERE >>

This is probably one of the most frequent question I receive regarding UFI codes. Here's another variation of such question:

“Do products not classified as dangerous or that do not contain phrases with H2XX and H3XX need to have the UFI code?”

You are free to steal my answer if it helps you in any way:

Only mixtures classified as hazardous for health (H3xx) and/or physical hazards (H2xx) according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008 (»CLP regulation«) are within the scope of requiring the Poison Centre Notification (PCN) and a UFI code.

In addition, you do not need to submit information on mixtures classified only as gases under pressure (H280, H281) or explosives (H200, H201, H202, H203, H204, H205).

So for non-hazardous products or only classified with H4xx, there is no need for UFI and Poison Centre Notification.

Also, for products that are substances, not mixtures, PCN and UFI are not required.

I hope you find this question useful. If you have any other questions regarding UFI codes and PCN, you can always send me an e-mail at

Information on this blog is prepared with utmost care, but it is not about (chemical) consulting, and the provider does not assume any responsibility or liability for the correctness, accuracy and up-to-dateness of published content. If you need advice for a specific case, you can write to us at
UFI / PCN | November 9, 2022

  • All
  • Safety Data Sheet
  • UFI / PCN
  • ADR
  • Biocides
  • Other

Back to posts

BENS's Insider

How you can turn our experiences in your favor – free proffesional materials helping you implement best practices without hassle.

To spletno mesto uporablja piškotke za namen izboljšave delovanja spletnega mesta. Več informacij najdete v naših pravilih o rabi piškotkov.